The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sending mail through a remote subdomain?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by robotman321, Nov 28, 2009.

1. robotman321

robotman321 Registered

i do have a rather strange kunudrum.. I own a few sites and a dedicated server that all run Cpanel w/ WHM, my one site is on a shared enviroment (we paid for 2 years ill use it) but they allow only 50 emails an hour to go out. Which puts me in a bind if i want to add say an option to email members if a post has been made to their forum thread. Now what i have tried doing is adding a subdomain addon via an A Name addition, in an attempt to try and use a new, email.mysite.com instead of the local domain. Is there a way i can use this, as everytime i have tried i get errors back saying that it could not connect to the ip that resides within my dedicated server (so i could utilize a preverbial limitless email send [compared to the shared enviroment])

Does anyone know of any reason i would get errors while attempting to send as the subdomain (basically the server but A Name added to the shared enviroment) from the shared enviroment (if this is doable my php scripts could get through then, right?

i know its smtp and have tried various small scripts to play with, but i jsut cant get it to connect to the subdomain to send out emails...

so my question from all the above is this; is this a mx issue or is it just me not doing the right php configuration to send it out?

any help would be appreciated and im sorry for having my thoughts spread out, but it was ahrd enough getting them dont like that xD

-B