The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sendmail formmail problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tkporce;, Jul 31, 2008.

1. tkporce;

tkporce; Member

Whenever a form is filled out on our website the form says it was succesfully sent but the email does not get passed the mail queue in WHM. I emailed tech support and they told me this:

Possibly the hostname needs to resolve to the ip of the mail server. Also, there is no RDNS setup for your ip. This could be a couple of possibilities.

Also we do not use email on this server we have a exchange server in the office. Not sure if this means anything I just dont want to mess our email up at the office. Can someone help me out with this?

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Have you set up MX records at your hosting server end to use the email services of your exchange server?

3. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In that case we would like to recommend you change your mail address in contact form and change it with your active mail address like any mail address yahoo,gmail etc and test it. If you are still facing the problem then you need to check code for your contact form with your hosting provider or web-developer :)