The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Separate mail to another cPanel server and sync accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnDavid, Jun 22, 2017.

1. JohnDavid

JohnDavid Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

Please help me if how i can achieve this.

I have 2 WHM/Cpanel server and i want mail to be separate to other whm server but it will sync the creation of the mail accounts if i created an account on the main whm server.

Scenario:
    Main WHM server for web servers ( this will be the server that creates an account)
    Other WHM server for mail ( All the account the created on the main whm server will create an account for mail )

Thank you.

2. Anoop P Alias

Anoop P Alias Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Mail username/home/passwd etc is in /home/user/etc/ but mostly you will need to get cPanel exim somehow work on the remote system for delivery to filesystem etc. If you wish to just scale cpanel beyond a single server ..it not supported out of the box . You can ofcourse develop a custom plugin/script for this . There are 3rd party plugins to scale web service by clustering , but not any for emails that I know of . As a simple solution you can encourage people to use a hosted email solution like google Apps and have email managed from the google dashboard(not in cpanel)

3. kssuhesh

kssuhesh Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Following location are the files related to the mails and mail accounts in the cPanel account.
    /home/user/mail/domainname
    /home/user/etc/domainname

If it is only for one account, just make a sync of the directory "/home/user/etc/domainname" to the new server and set the MX for the domain to the new server, so that the mail accounts are synced between the servers. And do not suggest this with multiple accounts, since it will make the things complicated and chances of failure are high. So either create mail accounts directly in the second server or use any third party service like Gsuite.

But please note that, the syncing will overwrite the mail account logins in the second server and the changes in the second server will lost. Also the creation of mail account in second server, based on the syncing interval. Also it should be done with care, otherwise mails will not work properly.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You'd have to setup a custom workaround as suggested in the previous posts. I encourage you to vote for the following feature request if this is something you'd like to see supported in the product:

Mail Only version of cPanel & WHM

Thanks!