Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Separate SSL certs on domain and subdomain?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Bruce123, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bruce123

Bruce123 Active Member

In reading the documentation and these forums I do not believe I will have any problems doing this, but I want to be certain before I try it.

This is an account that is hosted on its own IP. There is a subdomain, secure.domain.com, for which there has long been a purchased and installed SSL cert (godaddy). There is currently no SSL cert for the primary (www.domain.com / domain.com).

AutoSSL is disabled for this account.

I would like to enable & use the AutoSSL feature to acquire/install a cPanel/Comodo cert for the primary without disturbing the SSL installation on the subdomain. Can it be done this way without conflicting or otherwise causing problems? When I go to "Manage AutoSSL," the "Configure Auto SSL for Users" section shows the user, of course, but no mention of the separate domains. I don't want to cause myself any problems by asking the system to do something is does not expect or was not designed to do.

TIA for your help.

WHM 74.0.9 (root)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Bruce123,

You can use the SSL/TLS Status option in cPanel to exclude a specific domain or subdomain from the AutoSSL feature.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bruce123

Bruce123 Active Member

Thank you. It never occurred to me that I should go to cPanel vs. WHM.

Bruce

cPanelMichael likes this.