Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Serious problem with mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by webebo, Feb 6, 2006.

1. webebo

webebo Registered

I have looked for threads here that might have my problem, but have been unable to do so. I have tried restarting exim and this is what I get:

Shutting down exim: FAILED
    Shutting down antirelayd: OK
    Shutting down spamd: OK
    Starting exim: 2006-02-06 23:33:46 Exim sonfiguration error in line 867 of /etc/exim.conf: missing error type FAILED

Starting exim-smtps: 2006-02-06 23:33:46 Exim configuration error in line 867 of /etc/exim.conf: missing error type FAILED

Starting antirelayd: OK
    Starting spamd: OK

In an effort to reject invalid emails, I changed one thing in the exim.conf file. After the 'accept domains =+local_domains' I changed the following:

message = "The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this message to verify they are valid."

to

message = unknown user

When the calls started rolling in that email was not coming in, I went back to change the setting.

I have been unable to get email to flow since. I do not have a backup of the file, that I know of. Is there a way to reset the file back to its original state? I need this up and running asap. Any help would be much appreciated.

I have tried running /scripts/fixmailman
    rebooting server
    restarting exim

Can't think of anything else to do.

Please help.

webebo

2. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Do not edit the exim.conf from shell, edit and change it back from WHM exim config editor.
    Then restart it.

If that dont work do /scripts/eximup --force

hope this help

3. webebo

webebo Registered

Didn't work. Either one. It tells me that eximup --force is not valid. It is not a recongized command. Anything else.

4. xerophyte

xerophyte Well-Known Member

backup all the /etc/exim* files to some place and do /scripts/eximup --force

the script located in the /scripts/eximup .. so please call it
    Code:
      /scripts/eximup --force 

that above will reinstall the exim with default cpanel configuration

hope that helps

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...