The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious Problem with Mailman/Disk Usage

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by brianc, Jan 7, 2010.

1. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

I believe this is a bug but not sure what to do about it from this point:

Mailman is now calculating disk space usage for users in the newest release. However this feature seems to be broke.

I came across a user who has 13 lists. He is only using about 60% of his disk space allotment. However whenever mailman is trying to write incoming posts to this user's archives, mailman is dishing out disk quota exceeded messages. What is even worse is this error is causing the index.html file to be nulled out. This is the index.html file that contains all the links to a list's archives.

This is not good and should be addressed immediately.

Brian

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Where is the "60%" disk usage being reported (i.e., what area of the control panel)?

What method are you using to verify the disk usage of the account's mailman archives in comparison to the defined quota for the user?

If a bug is suspected please submit a support request; this will allow us to investigate and verify the issue and escalate as needed. When available; please PM me your new ticket ID number so I may follow-up internally.

#2 cPanelDon, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

In the Disk Space usage stat as soon as you log into his cpanel and also in WHM. Both numbers match. The percentage is my estimation. cPanel and WHM is reporting the actual disk space used not the percentage.

Since my servers are via LiquidWeb, should I submit the ticket myself or have them do it?

Brian

4. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

You just added this question to the post I just replied to.

I am not doing any comparison at this moment. All I know is that both WHM/cPanel is reporting that this account has about 40% of his disk space left and yet Mailman is dishing out disk quota exceeded messages in the mailman error log. These messages all pertain to this particular user's account.

However what is most problematic is this is causing the archive's index.html file to be nulled out. Not good.

Brian

5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    You could submit a ticket using either method; typically the first in line for providing support is that of the upstream host, data center or license provider (e.g., Partner NOC/Distributor, etc.); however, you are welcome to contact us directly when needed.

If the user has actually reached their maximum allowed disk usage per the defined quota it might be expected or otherwise normal (that is, expected if the quota was actually reached or exceeded), but as the provided details indicate what I believe may be a discrepancy of reported disk usage (60% reported while the actual behavior is as if usage is at 100%) I would consider submitting a ticket so that issue may be investigated further. When available, please PM me your new ticket ID number (if contacting us directly) so I may follow-up internally.