Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Server accepting emails that score above Spam Threshold Score

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by youceffk, Mar 13, 2019.

1. youceffk

youceffk Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I moved an email address from gsuite to cpanel at the end of last year, and I seem to be getting tons of spam emails directed at it ever since. I have spam assassin enabled on the cpanel that hosts the email, and spam threshold score of 5, which is the default, however I'm still getting spam messages in my inbox. I checked the track delivery module, and the spam messages are being scored correctly (average score is 15) but for some reason, the cpanel is still accepting them? I recall the spam filter catching some emails at the beginning of the year for another email address of mine so I know it was working at some point.

I disabled and re-enabled spam assassin, but that didn't change anything. I'm attaching a screenshot of the track delivery results. I contacted my hosting provider, but they weren't very helpful. Hoping someone has faced this issue in the past, and can direct me in the right direction.

Attached Files:

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @youceffk

Can you show me a screenshot of what's at cPanel>>Email>>Spam Filters -> Process New Emails and Mark them as Spam

Also is anything output in either of the following logs regarding spamd transactions?

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/spamd_error_log
    Code:
    /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. youceffk

youceffk Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    here are my spam filter settings for proof

Attached Files:

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @youceffk

Perfect, thanks for that and as far as the data in the logs? Also, are the emails being flagged as spam? If they're being flagged as spam it looks like spamassassin is functioning normally based on your configuration. You do not have auto-delete enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...