Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Server Backup's - Server Load's / Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by demomen, Mar 6, 2005.

1. demomen

demomen Well-Known Member

Is it not possible for cPanel to add some sort of limit, where backups will run no higher than a set limit. They will carry out backup's that use a little less CPU/Memory over a more longer period of time, not effecting server performance as much as they do at the moment.

Is this possible to do in the future would anyone know :)

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    WHM

tweek settings

and edit the status
    The load average that will cause the server status to appear red (leave blank for default):

note: by changing this will cause your backup times to take much longer as it will wait until the load goes down to continue with back ups

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. demomen

It is set as red 10 now...

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thats pretty much unrestricted. I do not know the specs of your box mine is set a 3 but its a dual xeon (back up does not stop do to load) I used to run some p4's and had it set at 2 used to take obout 6 hours to back up 200 sites 512 MEM the other would take 4 hours to back up 300 sites 1000 MEM both boxes would stop the back up to wait for the load to go down

Its a trade off back up speed for server load you will have to play around with it to get it they way you want it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 dalem, Mar 7, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  5. demomen

P4, 1GB, hmm but if I set it to show red at 3 it will show red a lot during updates/backup's

It runs around 0.20, so if I set it to 4 the backup's will run for 4 hours around 900MB gz