Scott Galambos

Jul 13, 2016
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Is my cpanel server suppose to renew the server cert? I keep getting
"The SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate for “ftp” on “whatever.server.com” will expire in less than 30 days."

It says I can goto Manage Server Certs in WHM but then what? do "Reset Certificate"? Am I suppose to do this manually now?

I'm running cPanel & WHM v104.0.10 (STANDARD).

Last edited by a moderator:

kodeslogic

PartnerNOC
Apr 26, 2020
IN
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
AutoSSL will attempt to renew the SSL certificate when they are about to expire within 3 days. Instead of waiting if you want to manually renew it you can execute the following command on the system to force a check of the hostname SSL:

Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts

Scott Galambos

Jul 13, 2016
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
But this is a system cert.? I mean when goto my AutoSSL logs it doesn't show dovecot.whatever.com or ftp.whatever.com as being delayed. It doesn't even show it in the logs at all.

eg, "The SSL certificate for “exim” on “server.whatever.com” will expire in less than 30 days." Where is exim if not in the AutoSSL logs?

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It doesn't show up in those logs. If you execute that command what @kodeslogic said, it will attempt to renew the system certs and you will see the AutoSSL log there.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, this is a system certificate for services and not for any particular websites.

It will renew automatically for you, or you can manually do that work as mentioned. If it gets within 3 days and hasn't renewed automatically please contact our support team directly.