The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server cluster - Please help

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by 4hosted, Jan 29, 2008.

1. 4hosted

4hosted Member

Hi, i set up a DNS cluster but new account set up on the second server wont show the dns zone, it says it exists but doesnt show up, can someone please help or take a look? i dont know if this is a bug or not

2. wsenter

wsenter Well-Known Member

Cluster/Remote Access >> Configure Cluster

In there you will want to make sure that both servers "see" the other one and that in the "Servers in Cluster" table you need the "DNS Role" column to say "Synchronize changes"

Under "DNS peers" it should list the other server.

Once that is all double checked and completed try deleting the DNS zone under "DNS Functions >> Delete a DNS Zone" and then re-add it under "DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone"

((note that you will probably have to do all this DNS editing on the actual server that the account is located on. The zone might not show up on the 'other' server))

Then try looking to see if you can see the DNS zone on the 'other' server.

If you can it might come up right away or take in the range of up to 24 hours but most likely under 6 for the site to come up in a browser.

Let me know what happens.

3. 4hosted

4hosted Member

ive done all that thanks and when restarting bind it restarts on both servers.

Its been 18 hours since the zone was added, how come it takes so long to appear? it says the zone is there somewhere but it wont show up in browser.

4. johnmigen

johnmigen Active Member

Check in this folder /var/named for your zone database file.

If the zone file does not exist in either server, you might want to Synchronize DNS Records.

If the file exist in both server, then the zone is probably synced well.

View /etc/named.conf and see if the zone is added in both the server.
    If its not there, issue command /scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    Restart your bind
    Check that your server provides the record, issue dig domainname @localhost

5. 4hosted

4hosted Member

Hi,

it seemed all dns zones were failing after reading an earlier post about named-checkzone i used it and found that i had setup a nameserver but put an extra . in the nameserver host... oops, my fault, changed that and all is fixed :D