The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Crash - Advice on Restoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OffbeatAdam, Sep 3, 2009.

1. OffbeatAdam

OffbeatAdam Active Member

Greetings,

We've had a server crash, the array died. Terribly inconvenient lol. I was able to pull off /home and /var. I know that there is a lot of cpanel data in /var.

Is there any way for me to easily recover the account information from these directories, or will I have to manually go in and recreate all of the accounts (100s of them), and move the data over?

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Were you able to grab /usr and /etc at all?

If I have those, I can get you totally back up to how you were before the crash.

If not, some data reconstruction will be necessary to match things up again.

#2 Spiral, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. OffbeatAdam

OffbeatAdam Active Member

/usr and /etc were destroyed in the crash. To be honest I'm only confident on 80% of the data, but given the # of accounts I'm willing to accept that versus none at all.

Obviously I can go through and just restore the accounts 1 by 1, and I'm not expecting passwords to match or anything.

I'm fully expecting a tedious process, but am hoping for a less tedious one than manually recreating every account and restoring the mysql databases/public_html/mail directories.