The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server crashes when cpbackup starts

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by CoolMike, Sep 22, 2006.

1. CoolMike

CoolMike Well-Known Member

Hi

I have a new server with an additional SATA harddisk for the backup files. Since a few days, each time when the cpbackup starts at 1am, the server crashes immediately. I can also repeat this problem when I start cpbackup manually.

How can I check if the disk is broken? I checked already with fscheck, if the filesystem is ok and did not get any errors.

Michael

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Are you able to access the backup disk and read and write files to it without locking up?

How is your backup config setup? See if you have a mount / dismount option and bail options set.

Are you able to reboot your system with init 6 ? If it hangs then you may need the data center to adjust your bios or some other hardware configuration.

Be careful with hard booting. This may cause file damage if you are not shut down properly. Its not very healthy for the system.

#2 jayh38, Sep 22, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  3. CoolMike

CoolMike Well-Known Member

I'm just back from the Datacenter, I replaced the harddisk and everything is working again. I was able to access the disk and write data to this disk, but the backupscript did not like this disk.

Michael