nitromax

Feb 12, 2002
On April 30th I updated CPanel from build 41 to 101, and for some reason our entire server crashes and must be cold booted every 1hour and 6 minutes. It didn't start this right after the upgrade, but it's the only thing that I know of that changed in the past 2 days.

We don't have any high CPU usage, and with 1GB of RAM we always have about 700MB free. No high bandwidth sites either.

It crashes at different times on the clock, so we couldn't trace it to any cron jobs.

Any ideas??? Please help!!!

[email protected]

B

bdraco

[quote:8000b43653][i:8000b43653]Originally posted by nitromax[/i:8000b43653]

On April 30th I updated CPanel from build 41 to 101, and for some reason our entire server crashes and must be cold booted every 1hour and 6 minutes. It didn't start this right after the upgrade, but it's the only thing that I know of that changed in the past 2 days.

We don't have any high CPU usage, and with 1GB of RAM we always have about 700MB free. No high bandwidth sites either.

It crashes at different times on the clock, so we couldn't trace it to any cron jobs.

Any ideas??? Please help!!!

[email protected][/quote:8000b43653]

What kernel are you running ?

nitromax

Feb 12, 2002
Kernel Version....

Kernel Version is: 2.4.7-10

If it needs to be upgraded to the newest 2.4.18 is that something you could help with? Please???

HOSTFORWEB

PartnerNOC
Feb 6, 2002
You should update your kernel.

Here is my howto.

===================
might want to check your hardware
lspci
look for ethernet controller
df
check to see if you need scsi support
lsmod
see what modules are already loaded
UPDATING

cd /usr/src
wget http://n3t.net/TheVault/Mirror/Linux/Kernel/linux-2.4.18.tar.gz
tar xzvf linux-2.4.18.tar.gz
from /usr/src/linux/
make menuconfig
make dep install modules modules_install
edit /etc/lilo.conf
and add the new /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18 (or whatever version)
run lilo -v and reboot
====================================