The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server disk space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmerhar, Feb 7, 2005.

1. jmerhar

jmerhar Member

Hi!

We are currently in the process of buying a server for our webhosting, and we plan on buying cPanel for it.

I have a question about access log files and other stuff that accumulates on the disk over time. Can we safely delete these files every once in a while, and what about statistics? Do they need these files?

I'm wondering about this now, so we can determine the amount of disk space that we need for the server.

2. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Access Logs : you can delete these whenever you wish.

Statistics : You can turn these on or off via whm, this can be set server wide or per account.

3. jmerhar

jmerhar Member

I know, I can turn statistics off. I do not want to turn them off. What I'm asking is, if the statistics still work, if we delete the log files.

It's just that I believe that access logs contribute quite a lot to the overall diskspace usage. That is why we are considering them now, before we decide how much diskspace the server needs.

Is there maybe anything else we should consider regarding diskspace usage?

4. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

You can set, via whm, to automatically delete domain logfiles after stats are processed.