The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server gets unreachable after swap is full since last update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theprezz, Dec 6, 2011.

1. theprezz

theprezz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Last week I have updated my cpanel. And since we had some what we thought was server crash but now I know that the server is getting unreachable after the swap gets full. The process kswapd0 keeps running and the load goes from 1 to 10.. to 40 .. to 110 .. and no more server.. and no more swap.

Why since cpanel update? See this graphic apache_processes-month.png . You see that the apache process are not working the same way than before the update.

Maybe some quota were changed or something but I need some advice from this community to solve my problem.

Kind regards,

Charles

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The kswapd0 and/or kswapd1 processes do typically run on a dedicated machine. Can you provide the sar details during the times that the machine is starting to use swap excessively?

Next, you might try adding this monitoring tool to log the top processes and other details every minute until the next crash occurs:

Code:
    cd /root
    wget http://sys-snap.techfiles.us/
    chmod +x sys-snap.sh
    nohup ./sys-snap.sh &
    The log files will write to /root/system-snapshot at 1 minute intervals that you can check after the fact to see what was happening.