The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

server hacked apache missing

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by greekzero, Sep 17, 2006.

1. greekzero

greekzero Registered

hello my server hacked so i read the forum trying to get some help cos my apache fails to start.so i deleted the old apache dir n tried to reinstall it and im getting this errors

root@ARLD [~]# /scripts/easyapache
    Fetching http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache.sea (0)....@69.72.164.152......connected......receiving...1%...3%...4%...6%...7%...9%...10%...12%...13%...15%...16%...18%...19%...21%...22%...24%...25%...27%...29%...30%...32%...33%...35%...36%...38%...39%...41%...42%...44%...45%...47%...48%...50%...51%...53%...54%...56%...58%...59%...61%...62%...64%...65%...67%...68%...70%...71%...73%...74%...76%...77%...79%...80%...82%...83%...85%...87%...88%...90%...91%...93%...94%...96%...97%...99%...100%......Done
    Creating directory buildapache
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing buildapache......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Checking Update System........Your operating system's rpm update method (yum) was not able to locate the glibc package. This is an indication of an improper setup. You must correct this error before you can proceed.
    Please correct the conflicts and try again!
    Waiting for httpd to restart..............finished.

httpd has failed, please contact the sysadmin.
    even via whm it wont work the update option.any suggestions?

2. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Try running /scripts/upcp --force first... it should check needed packages, and install them as necessary.
    Someone of course may correct me on this, but that's what I always assumed it did as part of the update process.

3. greekzero

greekzero Registered

i did this and im getting this error

/usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so: /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.14: version `libmysqlclient_14' not found (required by /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so)

4. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

give it a few minutes

5. rsaylor

rsaylor Well-Known Member

Try re-installing mysql. Parts of mysql appear to be missing and when apache compiles --mysql it gets a failure because basically mysql appears to be broke. Easy way, go into WHM and under tweek change your mysql version. This should force the download of the clients, etc for mysql then try to rebuild apache.

6. inventor

inventor Member

hi I've the same problem with my dedicated server, but I haven't acces into whm coz service httpd don't want to start, how I can recompile my apache server with mysql, via putty ?

thanks for your help

7. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    /scripts/easyapache