Embraer145

Registered
Feb 24, 2019
Singapore
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Tutorial - Troubleshooting high server loads on Linux servers

Sorry to bother, I have been hitting this for 2 weeks.. I'm at my wits end.

I have a Dedicated server, CentOS, 16gb, 4core, Latest V78 running,

Server hangs a few times a day, different times, when looking at TOP -c, the threads are usually above 200-500. After I restart PHP-FPM then it goes back down to 80-90

The only clue I can give, is that there is constant excessive HTTPD process being generated. If it's our code doing it, from one website, then fine, I can accept that. But, the website is about 5 years old, with not much code change.. How to find which file is causing the issue?

If it's DDOS, on a Login page perhaps, then how to show that? I have CPHULK and Wordfence Pro running with firewall.

Troubleshooting, i've

Upgraded to MariaDB
Went from fastCGI to PHP-FPM
upgraded from PHP5.6 to PHP7.0
Added ModSecuirty
Installed CPhulk
I read the TUTORIAL FOR SLOW SERVERS 3x
Counteless searches..
I hired a guy on Odesk to look at it, he got lost..
Had one of my programmers look at it. 2 weeks of work. NOTHING!!!

At this point, my head is spinning, and I'm wondering if I'm creating my own problem? Have I installed 2 shells by mistake? I've transferred from AWS to GoDaddy (1 year ago), maybe bad config files still hanging on. This problem is about 3 weeks old.

I can provide logs if that helps. error? access?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Embraer145,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look and see if there's anything obvious in the cPanel & WHM configuration that could be leading to the load issues? We provide a list of companies offering system administration services on the link below should we not find anything obvious:

System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

In particular, note the SafeAdmin badge, as this indicates the company is certified through cPanel University.

Thank you.