cPanelWilliam

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2018
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello! When MySQL is consuming a lot of CPU/Memory, I like to run a command such as the following to see which queries are running on the server:

Code:
mysqladmin proc stat
This can help to identify if one account/database is responsible for most of the usage then you can take steps to optimize the problematic databases. I will also include the following articles which may help further with the issue:

How to diagnose high server loads

Is there an easy method for doing MySQL tuning?

Reactions: fajryassin

fajryassin

Oct 5, 2014
Beirut, Lebanon, Lebanon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello
This is the result now

Hello! When MySQL is consuming a lot of CPU/Memory, I like to run a command such as the following to see which queries are running on the server:

Code:
mysqladmin proc stat
This can help to identify if one account/database is responsible for most of the usage then you can take steps to optimize the problematic databases. I will also include the following articles which may help further with the issue:

How to diagnose high server loads

Is there an easy method for doing MySQL tuning?

Attachments

cPanelWilliam

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2018
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

The results from the screenshot indicate that there were no other active running queries at the time the command was used. This command is most useful when MySQL is consuming a lot of resources due to stacking queries. If there are no queries actively running then the usage from MySQL should be low.

Reactions: fajryassin

fajryassin

Oct 5, 2014
Beirut, Lebanon, Lebanon
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
RightNow, In SSH queries in low but in WHM queries are high (it is 130.74)
Server Load is 2.425293 (8 CPUs)

why is that happening and how do I fix it?

Hi,

The results from the screenshot indicate that there were no other active running queries at the time the command was used. This command is most useful when MySQL is consuming a lot of resources due to stacking queries. If there are no queries actively running then the usage from MySQL should be low.

cPanelWilliam

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2018
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

RightNow, In SSH queries in low but in WHM queries are high (it is 130.74)
Server Load is 2.425293 (8 CPUs)
why is that happening and how do I fix it?
A server load of 2.4 shouldn't cause any performance issues if your server has 8 CPU cores:

What load average is considered high?

The number of queries your seeing will vary in real-time, so that may explain the discrepancy you're seeing. If you're seeing performance issues, the problem would likely be caused by something else such as Apache or PHP-FPM limits being reached since your server load doesn't appear too high.