The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server is blocking Verizon.net.. how can I fix this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silverado, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

My DSL provider says that your server is blocking them from accessing the computer my website is hosted on. They mention that you need to open up access to verizon.net in order for things to work properly.

This was the message I received from my client just a little while ago. I can see his web site and so can a lot of my friends... any ideas on how to cure this issue?

2. Donna

Donna BANNED

Yeah tell your client to change his browser setup. It's not your server blocking him, most likely something on his own site that his browser won't accept. Tell him to add his domain to the trusted sites list.

As a test send your client to other domain you host and see if they show up. If they do the problem is definately with his browser

3. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

Thanks for the idea..... however he has had his ISP do a trace route and verizon swears we are blocking them.... I have checked everything I can think of. But I will give this a whirl.

4. T3-Host Admin

T3-Host Admin Registered

You may also want to look in your access.deny file in /etc and make sure it is not in there also

5. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I have seen RackShack block and drop routes like a 2 year old running with 3,500 marbles in his bare hands!!!!