The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

server is messed up after cpanel tech logged in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NovemberRain, Aug 14, 2005.

1. NovemberRain

NovemberRain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

I had a problem with 2 of my accounts on the server. Turkish charachters was not displaying correctly and there was "??" sings instead of them. (using mysql 4.1) Other accounts had no problem.

So I sent a support ticket asking what the problem could be. The tech requested the root pass of the server and he said he will have a look.

After this, guess what? He did something and all the sites on the server started to have this problem. Sites which use mysql are full of "??" charachters instead of turkish charachters and most of my customers are using mysql. Now it is not even possible to post a forum message on the sites etc. I always get errors if there is a turkish charachter in the forum post. For example:

This is the same for all kind of mysql enabled scripts, guestbooks, portals, forums etc. All sites have this error, before the tech logged in, I had this problem only with 2 cilents!

I have an open ticket about this issue (108313) but no reply for hours. I have very busy sites and lots of customers sites and they have started complaining.

I don't know what to do.. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Thank you.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You'll probably have to wait until they respond to your ticket. You might try emailing billing@cpanel.net about the ticket not being responded to.

3. NovemberRain

NovemberRain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks chirpy

Still no response from cpanel.. But, I think I figured out what he has done wrong.

I had 2 clients with this problem, the server default charset for mysql was latin1_swedish_ci and it was working ok, then this two clients changed it to "latin5_turkish_ci" only for their accounts, and turkish charachters disappeared. (strange? turkish chars work in latin1 swedish but don't work with latin5 turkish)

Anyway I asked about this problem to cpanel, a tech logged in and changed all accounts charset to "latin5_turkish_ci" and now all sites have this problem. So I guess the variables have to be set to the old values. But I don't know how to do that. I can see the varibles through phpmyadmin.

Current values are: (causes problems)

Old values: (used to work ok)

How can I change these to the old values? I hope it will be solved if I can change them..

Thanks.

4. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

Why didnt you just type history to see what he did. Then you can reverse the process. :p

5. jeroman8

jeroman8 Well-Known Member

In what file is all these character settings ?

I also have a issue with bad signs (swedish), mostly in Horde but also, what I suspect, outputs from xml files !? Make any sence ?
    Since 95% don't have this issue but 5% does I have no idea where to look.