The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server keeps locking up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SEAL31, Apr 11, 2005.

1. SEAL31

SEAL31 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, my server seems to lock up last few days. Just happened again to me, this is the second time. I'm running RHE3 with cPanel, anything I should look for to help me solve issue? It locks up, and I can't ping it, nothing responds, and I have to use rmeote reboot.

2. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

Check your logs for the time of the crash, see if there is anything unusual.

I would ..
    Check logs..
    install memtest and test the ram..

You could also install lmsensors and read off the cpu temp, it may be a bad cpu/case fan, again the datacenter could check that out locally for a heat issue. (quite common)

Explain what is happening and have your datacenter techs look at the machine when it crashes, rather than remote reboot it, to see if there are any errors.. it may pay for you to have them put the console on it now so they can see what happened before it crashes, then look at the console for you when it does.

If its not pinging, I would hazard a guess at a hardware issue, maybe could be network related but local access would confirm that or otherwise.

#2 DigitalN, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. SEAL31

SEAL31 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, I've submitted a ticket to my datacenter to look into possible hardware issues.