The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server load and server status

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by spiderman69, Jan 27, 2011.

1. spiderman69

spiderman69 Registered

Jan 27, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I am new to Cpanel and need help in managing my server load. Currently, I am getting emails about my serverload. Under my Cpanel ---- Server Status it says 2.59 (1 CPU). However, I went into the scripts and changed this (CPU) to say 2.59 (3 CPU). I thought this would change things but no. The side signal which would be a color 'green' for good does not show that color. It shows a color 'red' (Problems).

Can anyone help me out with understanding this within my Cpanel.
    1. How do I lower the serverload on my server?
    2. How do I get the color of side bar looking green again. (basically, running better or good with no problems).
    3. Or how do you swap space if thats what I have to do.

I have researched over the web and found some of these suggested I listed above. Is there a manual on being a Cpanel administrator??????????

Using a VPS Server.
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Where precisely did you change it? In Tweak Settings to 2.59? I would suggest changing to 5 for a load alert, since 5 should be a higher load on a server of this nature. I am not certain 2.59 would be considered in the red range.

As for how to determine what might be causing higher load, you may wish to go to WHM > Daily Process Logs and check the users there. If any are showing higher CPU or memory usage, you may want to investigate the account with the higher usage for any issues (outdated scripts, high visitor activity, high MySQL activity, etc.).