The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Load, Can I kill this process?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrTall, Feb 9, 2014.

1. MrTall

MrTall Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello all,

Recently my server load has been averaging 2+, usually it's 0.4. I have noticed in WHM there's a process running using 85% memory. It has the command line (please note I've changed a few things to "x" to hide the identity of the site):
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/analog +CIMAGEDIR /images/ +CDOMAINSFILE /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/share/analog/usdom.tab +CCHARTDIR ./ +CALLCHART ON +CLANGFILE /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/share/analog/us.lng +COUTFILE /home/xxxxxxx/tmp/analog/2.html +CLOCALCHARTDIR /home/xxxxxxx/tmp/analog/ +CCACHEOUTFILE /home/xxxxxx/tmp/analog/cache.out +CCACHEFILE /home/xxxxxx/tmp/analog/cache +CVHOST ON +COSREP ON +CBROWSER ON +CFULLBROWSER ON +CREDIRREF ON +CREFSITE ON +CFAILREF ON +CLOGFORMAT COMBINED +CHOSTNAME 675.cc +CHOSTURL http://xxx.xxx/ /usr/local/apache/domlogs/xxx.xxx.bkup
    Is this process killable, or essential. If it is stopable, what is it and how can I prevent it from running?
    Thanks for any help! :D

2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You may want to go into Tweak Settings and disable Analog stats. Yes, you can kill this process, but cpanellogd will just keep spawning it until it's disabled.

3. MrTall

MrTall Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks vanessa, killed the process and the load went right down to 0.45. Been steady since! I think I disabled the analog stats by un-checking the boxes in the server configuration. I guess I'll find out if the load peaks again! :) Thanks once again. :)

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I am happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. The following thread is useful if you encounter high load averages in the future and need assistance tracking down the cause:

Troubleshooting High Load On Linux Servers

Thank you.