The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server load causing awstats to not run bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nmyStephen, Feb 8, 2005.

1. nmyStephen

nmyStephen Registered

My host claims that cPanel X has a bug that causes awstats to stop running whent he server load gets too high. Unfortnately, this means that the stats never run according to my host.

I've been having my host manually run the stats daily for me b/c the refuse to believe there's a way to get it to run automatically for me.

Additionally there's crazy amount of lost log data for some reason.

Can someone give me the evidence I need to get my host to get off their asses to fix this for me? I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. Aric1

Aric1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    They can just edit the "The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0):" option in Tweak Settings in WHM to increase the load at which log processing gets cut off. The default is really too low for most servers.

Of course if they already have it up fairly high and it still gets cut off while processing, then they really need to address the root of the problem... Getting load down to a reasonable level.