The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

server load

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dcpr, Jan 29, 2006.

1. dcpr

dcpr Active Member

hi

im getting server load to red in my server. But i dont know why my server go to red. Could some one tell to me what i have to look to see what is doing that or if i have to put more ram to my server. My server have 1 GB RAM and is a Pentium 4

2. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Give this command on shell when the load is high and paste the output here :
    Code:
    ]# top c

3. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You will have to look at the number (mostly)http of connection to your server. There could be some Ips which must be causing the server load to go high. You can check the number of connection to your server at the time server load is high:-
    # netstat -alntp

If you wish to block those Ips on your server, you can do so by apf firewall. But before that you will have to install it.

Also you can check Mysql procesess executing on the server at the time the server load is high. You can check that by :-
    # mysqladmin proc

Suspend the domain that has too many Mysql connections to the server(mostly more than 30-40) and inform the client to check his scripts.

You can also take the output of these commands while the server load is high and paste it here.

4. dcpr

dcpr Active Member

ok

thanks when happen again i will do it, now is green but yesterday was so high that ther server go very slow and later go down. Its may be my clients that use too much phpbb forums to download and upload files.

5. dcpr

dcpr Active Member

hi

well my server load needd to be something in mysql i see somethinh high in the picture.

Attached Files: