The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server mail goes to Balck hole

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sallen812, Jan 25, 2008.

1. sallen812

sallen812 Member

Mail that the server generates, contact form info, new user sign up, shopping cart emails or server logs or notices generated by WHM are being sent to black hole. When the domain for that email is hosted on the server

First off I don’t use the server email. To many headaches. So I set the MX records to point either Google apps Gmail (ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.) or to email hosted by Wild West Domains, which is the reseller division of Godady. I’m a reseller for Wild West domains. The email for Wild West Domains works a lot like Godady (MX entry looks like this smtp.secureserver.net.) I would squarely point my finger at the Wild West Domains email system but it going on with Gmail also.

This server is hosted at Wild West Domains/Godady data center in Arizona.

Any mail that the server generates for access logs, account creation or contact forms is not leaving the server. It’s going to the black hole.
    The server cannot send mail to:
    steven@vashonpages.com -wwd email
    steve@vashonradio.com -wwd email
    sallen@vashonmaury.com -google email

As an example if I remove VashonPages.com from the server I start to get my notices from the server about account creation, and other server notices. As soon as I add it back to the server emails stop. If I remove Vashonradio.com the server will send email to that address but stop once the account is recreated.

Vashonradio.com and Vashonradio.org both do this along with Vashon Pages and the other domains and they (Vashonradio.com and vashonradio.org) are resolving to the server. So I don't think it’s just a matter of the name resolving or not resolving to this server.

The problem crops up the minute I create the account on the server. My other server at Wild West Domains does the same thing. Is this a WHM/Cpanel issue?

What is changing when a domain that the server sends mail to, is added to or hosted on the server? What changes from when the server does not have VashonPages.com on it (there is no account) and it sends email to steven@vashonpages.com Versus when it does have the account VashonPages.com and the email for Steven@vashonpages gets sent to the black hole? And I no longer get it?

I would like this figured out fully before this server is put into service.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks Steven