It was an issue that occurred for me a few years back and has not been needed since. The lack of comments from anyone else for 3 years also indicates that as a feature even if it did exist, it would rarely be used and I am certain there are more important tasks for the dev team.
, the two tools suggested are helpful but mainly for single sites. My original issue was looking for a maintenance mode at the server level.
@Steini, I did a quick search and I found your feature request from 2 years ago, which has 9 'likes' in that time. Probably insufficient interest to get the dev team to consider spending time on it.
If anyone is reading this thread and likes the idea of a maintenance mode at server level, then head over to the feature requests area at
and add your vote.
I ended doing a bit of a mix-match hack during the phase, What I ended up doing was the following
1. On server A, which will be migrated, we sent out a PA about the migration taking place at X hours, on day whatever
2. I had edited the template on the server before the day came for "Suspension" replaced the suspension logo to font-awesome for a dolly with a box on it and renamed it basically from Suspended contact host to , Migration in progress.
3. I listed all the suspended accounts which were suspended for reasons such as "Overdue on payment", Wrote also down custom suspension messages like breach of TOS.
Now I was pretty much ready, what I did next was I ran a cli command, to basically "ls /var/cpanel/userdata" for all the usernames, into a /path/to/list and then when we're ready to migrate, we ran the a for loop i.e for $i in cat /path/to/list
; do /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/suspendacct $i
Something like that, everyone 100's and 100's of the accounts got all suspended, but to them it was "Migration time", so they waited patiently, everyone was suspended, we ended up, doing The transfer and gave ourselves 6-8 hours, so no stress, we transfer everything over in suspended state, then unsuspend every account using similar for loop, and then we went through the genuine suspended list, and replicated that manually all 20-30 accounts suspended.. and after that it was just replace the IP part etc, shut down the other server, pickup the IP like you normally do, arp it to the server and boom like magic all sitse back up.
PS: This was far from ideal but this is my methodto the madness of maintaining order during my migrations of 800+ accounts.