The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server management by phone. Would you pay for it ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dovid, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Dovid

Dovid Member

Hi,
    I am trying to get a feel out there if cPanel users would pay for a service say $5.00 - $10.00 a month where they can call in to a number and have access to their system. They would be able to reboot the server, restart services, stop and start services, get server statistics etc.

Thanks.

Dovid

NOTE: Mod's if it does not belong here please let me know.

2. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Actually if a trusted company or something/someone either bonded or otherwise insured, had a 24/7/365 phone I could call to have them sshd/cpanel/login to my servers to run commands or check things I would pay $5-$10 per call plus an annual fee of some kind.

But they would have to be REAL support people with pretty good skills and REALLY available 24 hours a day.

Nothing worse than sitting on my boat, fishing with a beer in one hand and my cell phone in the other with a customer complaining something is down and I have nobody who can check on it.

#2 nyjimbo, Apr 24, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  3. Dovid

Dovid Member

I was thinking more of an automated system where you can call in and the system replies to what you press on the phone.

4. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

So no human contact?. I press "4" for a system boot and the phone system somehow reboots my machine?. How does it interface with my machine? :confused:

Do you mean its automated but someone later on gets the message and then reboots it ?. I dont think thats worth anything. Maybe you can elaborate on what it would do or anything else.