Server management by phone. Would you pay for it ?

Dovid

Jul 23, 2004
Hi,
I am trying to get a feel out there if cPanel users would pay for a service say $5.00 - $10.00 a month where they can call in to a number and have access to their system. They would be able to reboot the server, restart services, stop and start services, get server statistics etc.

Thanks.

Dovid

NOTE: Mod's if it does not belong here please let me know.

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
Actually if a trusted company or something/someone either bonded or otherwise insured, had a 24/7/365 phone I could call to have them sshd/cpanel/login to my servers to run commands or check things I would pay $5-$10 per call plus an annual fee of some kind.

But they would have to be REAL support people with pretty good skills and REALLY available 24 hours a day.

Nothing worse than sitting on my boat, fishing with a beer in one hand and my cell phone in the other with a customer complaining something is down and I have nobody who can check on it.

Last edited:

Dovid

Jul 23, 2004
I was thinking more of an automated system where you can call in and the system replies to what you press on the phone.

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
I was thinking more of an automated system where you can call in and the system replies to what you press on the phone.
So no human contact?. I press "4" for a system boot and the phone system somehow reboots my machine?. How does it interface with my machine? :confused:

Do you mean its automated but someone later on gets the message and then reboots it ?. I dont think thats worth anything. Maybe you can elaborate on what it would do or anything else.