The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server migrated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saikhanbayar, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Saikhanbayar

Saikhanbayar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi guys. Our servers data has been migrated to new datacenter and IPs are changed. Now i changed the nameservers IPs in domain host configuration. But the new server IP is not linking to my domain. I though that cpanel has to be configured too. The problem is that old IP isn't accessible through WHM/cpanel. But the new IP is also not working with 2083, 2087 ports. How do i change the IP of my WHM/cpanel license? I cannot access the old IP to change it new one. Any help would be appericated. Thank you

Hi guys. Our servers have been migrated to new database and IPs are changed. How can i transfer and install cpanel license on new IPs without losing the old data?

anyone? urgently? please

#1 Saikhanbayar, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Saikhanbayar

Saikhanbayar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, thanks for your reply.
    I did not migrate them by myself. The hosting company did. They said they have successfully migrated all the servers and so i checked and saw that server IPs are changed. So i went to my domain registrars control panel to changed the nameservers IPs to new IPs. It's been more than 24 hours and my new IPs are not responding to my domains. So i thought if i'm required to change the cpanel license IP to work it correctly.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest contacting your web hosting company and request they update the IP address that's licensed for cPanel. However, note that cPanel license validation does not effect the name server configuration. The following thread explains how to update the name server IP addresses:

cPanel - Guide to Nameservers

Thank you.