The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Migration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asmithjr, Oct 15, 2005.

1. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

I've installed a new server and have sucessfully transfered most of the accounts to the new server.

There are almost 25 accounts still pointing to the old server using the same Name Servers.
    I manage the Name Server's IP's since I registered them.

Could I simply change the Name Server IP's at the registra then transfer the remaining accounts to the new server allowing for the transfer of the remaining accounts.

Most of these accounts have domains managed by the customers and I've not been too sucessful getting them to make the necessary changes to the domain records.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. sunilkg

sunilkg Member

changing nameserver values at registrar is the simple method. Then you have to wait to update the cashed name server which will take couple of hours.

3. asmithjr

thanks, I was concerned because I already had the name server set up on the server for 2 other name servers.

The thought of changing the name server's IP address on the origional server to a IP on the new server seemed the way to go but not sure I did not need to set up an additional name server on the new server.

4. asmithjr

worked like a champ.

All domains changed with changing the Name Server's IP then transfering the accounts.

Thanks cPanel!