cPanel & WHM Version
v92.0.11

philbean

Jul 14, 2020
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hosted with IBM Cloud
The past week.. once or twice a day I'm getting a 'ping failed' notification from IBM followed pretty much immediately by 'service back up again'

Timing seems random.
I've checked WHM and there's been no downtime and no CPU overload. Nothing I can immediately see shows anything wrong.
Although I haven't managed to catch the moment of the failure live, I've asked the members of my site and no-one has ever experienced any noticable downtime during these 'outages'

Is there anything in WHM or that I can easily (ideally free) add to WHM or cPanel that might help me pinpoint these daily ping failures ?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It's possible that this doesn't matter as it may not relate to anything. I've personally never been a fan of just a 'ping' check as that doesn't really match up with any particular service issue. If the times are random and you're not seeing anything odd on your end, it's possible there just may not be much to find as there may not be an issue.

You may want to speak with the monitoring tool service to see exactly how they perform the ping check - if it really is just pinging the server's network card, that doesn't provide much info about the machine's status.