The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Not Accepting Incoming Connections (Random)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christopher Zeman, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Christopher Zeman

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am having a strange problem with my server. I just migrated away from Plesk in the last few days and installed WHM/cPanel on a VPS with 4 cores, 8GB RAM and CentOS 7. The server will, at random times, suddenly quit accepting incoming connections for all services (WHM/cPanel, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, etc.) and will recover a few minutes later or sooner if I restart firewalld. The fact that it recovers after restarting firewalld might be a coincidence since I've even turned off firewalld and the problem persists. There are less than 20 accounts and all low-bandwidth sites. I own the physical server and all of the other VMs aren't experiencing the same issue so I know it's not the physical connection.

I could really use some suggestions on what to check. This is getting frustrating.

Thank you,
    Chris

2. Christopher Zeman

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It *seems* I may have fixed it. My NIC was configured for both IPv4 and v6. I don't have any IPv6 addresses assigned to me at the datacenter so I disabled it. I haven't had a problem in at least 14 hours that I'm aware of.

Chris

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator