The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server or DNS hang for 5 minutes many times a day.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by MrVon, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MrVon

MrVon Member

Nov 3, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am using Virtual dedicated hosting with popular hosting.
    I am having problem with connection time out for about 5 minutes many times a day maybee 5 times an hour.
    I have settings in cpanel that might be causing this but i am not sure, if that's the problem.
    I have setup account "" and under it i created addon domain "". I had problem adding subdomain because dns ip, so i disabled option that blocks ip's not pointing to server and added it, then disabled it and everything works. On 2 virtual dedicated servers i did not have this ip warning when added subdomain and i have similar configuration and settings and it same connection time out problem.

Can it be some options under security settings, i pushed max security on my sites.

In the apache log i set log level to debug and i did not see anything except some error about apache proxy server and googling for it did not give me no clear answer.

I run CentOS 5.5 and WHM 11

EDIT: Possible solutions to connection timeout if i access server e.g. or or by ip address of main server look bellowits in 50% of times fixes the timeout error and domain name works again. So maybee its nameserver issue?

All sites have main ip for WHM and second dedicated ip for site domain and have https://

When site dont work going to site ip dont help, but going to WHM ip fixes it almost always.
    #1 MrVon, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2004
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator