The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

server problem: can not reach the sites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghw, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ghw

ghw Registered

Hello, I've got allready for 24 hours server problems, it's now not anymore possible to access all my sites with the following nameservers: ns3.ghw.be and ns4.ghw.be, only the nameservers from the server company are working. Everything was working before my server was restored, please who can help me???

Thanks
    GHW

2. ccccanada

ccccanada Well-Known Member

I am guessing you have already contacted your hosting company and asked them to reboot the server.

you should ask them again to bring the server back up otherwise nobody will be able to help you with resolving the problem.

Can you still log in to SSH via the IP address??

3. ghw

ghw Registered

it's possible to access it with using ssh, and have rebooted it, what the hostingcompany did was to put in a new harddisk, and i needed to copy all files on that one, but now it's not anymore possible to reach the nameservers ns3.ghw.be and ns4.ghw.be

Thanks

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Sounds like the datacenter gave you a disk with a fresh OS install and you just copied piles of stuff from the old disk to the new one, or used WHM restore to restore accounts from the backups.

With a fresh install, the server itself needs to be setup first, including the servers nameservers. As far as I know, WHM can't do a full restore of the works to a new server without some initial setup.