Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Server Redundancy & Google Apps - Advice needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wzd, Jan 28, 2009.

1. wzd

wzd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post as i saw some other redundancy threads in this area. I've been reading most of the DNS clustering and other threads but they don't seem to address my specific situation. :eek:

I really need some advice on the following: At present we have 2 cPanel servers (CentOS). The one server (A) will be a dedicated server for a single client who will host 2 domains (initially) on the server. This is so that they can get Mailwatch access (Mailwatch doesn't work for resellers or anything)

Server A is the main server which will be the MTA (exim), Mailscanner, CSF etc. Emails will also duplicate to a single separate domain which is google app integrated (This is for mail archiving and mobility purposes)

I would like to create some sort of setup for Server B (Backup) that will take over if server A goes down. The tricky parts come in: :confused:

1) Server B hosts many other domains which are NOT be synchronized to A. It will just function as a backup for critical services such as DNS and Mail.

2) When Server A goes down I would like Server B to take over and spool all email for the client domains. When Server A goes back up (this may have to be manual) the email is downloaded and allocated to mailboxes

3) Google Apps must work throughout (Server A being up or down)

---
    I guess it might be difficult to understand what i've tried to describe so i've also created a visio drawing. :D

I would appreciate any advice or threads that i need to rtfm :)
    Thanks

Wzd

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. wzd

wzd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All,

I'm not really a bumper but it's been a bit and I've received no response. Is the post that bad or no one really knows how to answer ?

Would appreciate 2c :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...