The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Resource Comparisons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MySiteSpace, Feb 5, 2003.

1. MySiteSpace

MySiteSpace Registered

Hi - im considering moving my operation from an ensim platform to cpanel and would like to know if anyone has any experience with hardware resources compared side by side with the 2 systems.

I'm currently running Ensim on P4 2.0ghz with 512mb ram and am comfortably getting about 400 - 450 sites per server.

My question is if I moved to cpanel, same sites, same hardware, should I notice a swing either way in my capacity?

Thanks!

2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I use a PIII 1 GHZ with 512 MB Ram with 400 sites and I don't have a problem. Sometimes the Load spikes at night when web logs run, but other than that, the load average is generally under 1.00.

3. MySiteSpace

MySiteSpace Registered

thanks bmc - lemme ask one more Q if I may....

on a server with ensim - when I make a config change to a site, say something like add mysql or remove fp extensions - I can feel my whole darn server slow a bit while it does it's thing. While this is only a few seconds worth - it's still several times a day.

Ever notice anything like that with cpanel?

Thanks again.