The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

server streaming... anyone do it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digitard, Jul 26, 2005.

1. digitard

digitard Well-Known Member

Hey,
    Just a quick question for those of you familiar with server video streaming.

A company I'm involved in assisting is having an online tournament for their upcoming XBOX/PS2/PSP/Gamecube game sometime around January.

We are already getting the 'beginning workings' of the scoring system, and all that jazz into play.

Because this is a console game tourney though we wanted to provide some way to stream some content to the web from live games for people to watch here/there and then provide a recap every couple of days (its a multi-week tourney).

This can easily be accomplished on the 'user' end by simply running the TV OUT on one of our sets (we can spectate the matches) into a tv capture card and then using that to take some sort of streaming software to uplink w/ the website and have the webserver go ahead and stream out to users.

Does anyone know of any software (preferably OpenSource so minimal if any cost) that can do this?

Basically I want to take video from a source PC, stream to the website and then allow the webserver to stream to the site members. I also would 'prefer' some sort of password protection where we can change it daily to prevent people leeching/etc.

Sorta like Shoutcast and Live365 and how they're setup... send the data to the server, and let it resend it out to the customers.

Any assistance would be appreciated...

D.

2. Chew

Chew Well-Known Member

The shoutcast server now supports video in the NSV format.
    This is the perfect solution for you, and I have setup numerous video stream servers using the latest versions of the shoutcast software.

It works really well if you've got the right codecs etc.

Check out shoutcast.com and the NSV forums at http://forums.winamp.com

Chew

3. maxihost2

maxihost2 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

is it possible to run .ASF files ?