The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Takes Too Long Respond/Not Found

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by dns2012, Jan 29, 2017.

1. dns2012

dns2012 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hello my name is dani,

I'm newbie user on cpanel and whm, i tried to run my trial cpanel and whm on virtual box cause i want study it first. The installation completed, i try to run my cpanel and whm and its work. I log in to whm i create a package and account hosting, there is no problem but the problem appear when i starting to run that domain i create on the package before. I can't access it then i try ip address that given automatically from list account i read, and it doesn't work too, here i give the picture of my problem

that is account i created before, how i can get ip 36.82.xxx.xx? where they come from? i never input ip like that on my server

akun.png
    cause i cant access dns name, i try to access that ip, i use indonesian language on my browser in english that's mean 'looking connection to 36.82.xxx.xx', loading taking so long

ip.png

that is the result, in english it means 'server in 36.82.xxx.xx taking long to respond'

ip2.png

then i trying to connect cpanel login page, it same

ipcpanel.png
    help me please, it so satisfying if you want to help me troubleshoot my problem as newbie user, thanks :-D

#1 dns2012, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017
  2. NOC_Serverpoint

NOC_Serverpoint Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Most probably you did not setup static IP for your virtual box. This seems to be a public IP "36.82.xxx.xx" of your ISP. You can check this by running whatsmyip.org or the following command from terminal

dig TXT +short o-o.myaddr.l.google.com @ns1.google.com | awk -F'"' '{ print $2}'

Thanks,

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

In the third image you provided, ensure to use https:// at the beginning of the URL. Does that allow the URL to work?

Thank you.