The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server time continually changing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Netcasters, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Netcasters

Netcasters Registered

I have not tracked the exact times, but I do have a forum on my website that can show the server time changing (post order being randomly changed). I have tested and concluded that it is caused by my server time not staying when it is set.

My host has setup a cron job to continually reset the time based on someone's server (I think cpanel's) but this isn't always working.

What I'm wondering is how I would set the server time to not change anymore! It's very very very frustrating.

Thanks in advance :)

2. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

Hi

i also need to know more about this

my server also have this time changing alone i think it is during /upcp or during other cpanel process it resets to USA datacenter time and i need to keep the local Brazilian time zone...

if someone know how sincronize time with internet time server manually in SSH i could schedule a cron to correct this issue

also in Main >> Server Configuration >> Server Time

if i set change time zone to BRAZIL nothings happen i just receive the message saying it had been changed

but if i press Sync Time with time Zone

it receives the date from rdate.cpanel.net and it turns back to USA time from my datacenter...

how avoid this and keep time in the correct time zone???

thanks
    claudio

#2 claudio, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  3. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

in fact every day it changes the time and i have to set it

does anyone knows how to fix the time?