The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BobbyC, May 9, 2004.

1. BobbyC

BobbyC Registered

Hello All!

I'm new here and a new user of cPanel. It's really great! I think all web hosting companys should be using it.

I just purchased some webspace through a hosting company and to setup my banner ad software on and they introduced me to cPanel.

Okay this is my situation and question. I am on a community server that's in a different time zone than I'm in. I would like to know if there is a feature hidden somewhere in cPanel that will let me offset the time for my website? It would be nice if when advertisers viewed the stats for their banner ads, that they were in the same time zone as the main website for which the banners are being displayed on.

I know that this is a long shot but I thought I'd ask just in case. Any suggestions?

2. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

Here is a current running thread that might help:
    Timezones
    You can save some time usually by doing a Search first before asking questions. More often than not they will have been asked and answered before.
    HTH.

#2 Izzee, May 9, 2004
    Last edited: May 9, 2004
  3. BobbyC

BobbyC Registered

Hi Izzee,

Yes you're right and I just finished reading the Timezone post in the General forum by the gentleman from Spain. Sorry about that...I'll use the search feature next time.

Hopefully this feature will be included in an upgrade to cPanel someday. In the meantime I'm going to contact the people of the banner ad software I'm using and see if they can modify their program to compensate for the timezone offset.

Thank you for responding.

BobbyC

4. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

Your welcome.
    If they are using a script then adjusting for time zones (TZ) is fairly common place. They should be able to include this as a feature item in their scripts.
    Good luck with it and don't hold your breath waiting for a cPanel mod. :)

5. BobbyC

BobbyC Registered

Hey Izzy,

I visited your website...and I must say, your site is kind of like an online high tech amusement park. Alot of fun yet informative too. I bookmarked and plan to check back. I think the idea of entertaining your visitors is a great way to keep them coming back. Keep up the good work!

Bob - from Sacramento California