The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server timeout = temporary ban

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chad101, Mar 26, 2010.

1. chad101

chad101 Active Member

I'm experiencing problems with my server timing out when certain http requests are called. Once the server times out; a temporary ban is issued for that IP which lasts between 30 minutes to 2 hours.

I have had an open ticket with cPanel for the last 2 weeks and not one person can seem to figure out why this is happening. My host seems to think that the answer to everything to upgrading the server software (everything is current and we still have the same issue).

I don't know what else to do. If you click on a broken link and the server timesout or if you request something that maxes out the PHP request time...you're banned!

We are running FreeBSD with the most current version of PHP/MySQL & Apache.

The only firewall we have is the PF firewall which comes with FreeBSD. I cannot find anything that could be causing this issue in the PF firewall configuration .

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might check your error logs to see if there are any signs that might tip you in the right direction as to the problem.