The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

server to server transfers database problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vp911, Apr 24, 2006.

1. vp911

vp911 Member

Everytime we have done a mass transfer from one server to another, there seems to always be a database problem. The databases transfer, but the tables in the DBs dont transfer. Is this a known bug? Any idea how to work around it?

If we transfer one account at a time, we don't have that problem...only doing multiple accounts.

2. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Are the MYSQL versions between the systems the same?

Usually if you have one server using 4.0 and one 4.1 it will create the databases and have them empty or have an empty structure with no records.

3. vp911

vp911 Member

Yes, same MySQL versions. I thought it was that at first, but we checked and the same.

4. ramprage

ramprage Well-Known Member

Do you have root access to both boxes? I've got a set of scripts that lets you do this without the need for WHM.

5. vp911

vp911 Member

Yeah, they are both my boxes. I mean, the sites which had DBs I have already copied over individually now, so everything works. It was more of a question for future reference to see if there is something that must be done to make it work correctly. I am sure I will need to move accounts around again soon as we need to add another server.