The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serverload problem with CentOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flen, Aug 12, 2006.

1. flen

flen Member

Hi,

Since about 2 days I have some problems. I'm runing 12 cPanel servers, 2 of them are failing the last 2 days.

About 2 days back, one of the servers goes down. So I've logged in to the KVM over IP (all services were down) and checked server, at this moment the load was 232.83 with top process kblockd/1. Swap was fully in use. Could find nothing in the logs or dmesg. Rebooted the server and everything was fine after that.

Serval hours later, another server fails with the same process and high serverload. Same problem. Day after, the first server fails again, and not once, no, 4-5 times a day.

Server what is failing at this moment has running a 2.6.18-20 kernel, I will try to upgrade this tonight to the latest 2.6, that is the only thing I could think it could be at this moment.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Upgrading the Kernel to the latest version/release is a step in the right direction to stop server high load. However, there are many things you can do to secure your server and I suggest you search these forums. Good luck!