The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Servers / DNS Cluster errors

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ls009, Aug 14, 2016.

1. ls009

ls009 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I currently have two servers and I'm trying to cluster them but having a few errors.
    Firstly I've successfully clustered them in the "Configuration Cluster" area which worked as intended... But when I try enable "Send my settings to all configuration cluster servers" in "Server Configuration » Update Preferences" I get the error "The system was unable to update the settings for the configuration cluster servers. (Show Details)" but the "Show Details" link does not do anything?

Second issue - I also want to DNS Cluster the two servers, I follow the procedure listed in the cP help files and everything goes smoothly, but then the second server just does not appear at all... Not even an error message. It just seems to reload the page (With DNS Cluster disabled) and all the defaults are listed without any changes.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how I can trouble shoot these issues? I'm stuck and have enlisted the help of a few people who also weren't able to get the clusters sorted.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you let us know the output to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when you notice the "The system was unable to update the settings for the configuration cluster servers" error message in Web Host Manager?

Could you provide us with the step-by-step instructions of how you are enabling clustering, in addition to a screenshot of what you see after attempting to enable clustering?

Thank you.

3. ls009

ls009 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Gallery:
    imgur.com/a/qnPmk

The log was huge because we've just updated WHM, I'll have to get back to you with anything that looks related when I can get access to try it again with a clean log file (will edit this post again).

i.imgur.com/LuuLWBi.png

i.imgur.com/6JRDhOj.png

i.imgur.com/WrEZ3m7.png

i.imgur.com/Fx2lMDc.png

i.imgur.com/CtiKONr.png

i.imgur.com/V3q0qUD.png

:(

Sorry, I keep getting a error trying to edit my above post, but the error log is here: pastebin.com/XcM9UfRe

#3 ls009, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  4. ls009

ls009 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Should I open a ticket for this perhaps?

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, sure you can.