Server's root password changed

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I reset my router and changed the wireless password for it then cleared my browser history and cache this seemed to have fixed the problem and I was able to login to WHM again whoo hoo.
It's possible your IP address was blocked, and resetting your router changed the IP address you make connections from. You may want to consider whitelisting an IP address range in cPhulk:

cPHulk - Whitelist Management

Thank you.

pablo777

Sep 8, 2015
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's possible your IP address was blocked, and resetting your router changed the IP address you make connections from. You may want to consider whitelisting an IP address range in cPhulk:

cPHulk - Whitelist Management

Thank you.
Hi thanks for the reply Michael I did what you said soon has I gained access to my WHM the problem was my old IP was completely different to my new IP when I rebooted my router I don't know why but there where no similarities at all to the ones that had been locked out when I checked Cphulk logs.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hi thanks for the reply Michael I did what you said soon has I gained access to my WHM the problem was my old IP was completely different to my new IP when I rebooted my router I don't know why but there where no similarities at all to the ones that had been locked out when I checked Cphulk logs.
It's possible your ISP assigns you IP addresses from a pool of available IP addresses that do not always share the same subnet.

Thank you.