The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serverwide ftp write access suddenly denied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tomandresen, Oct 12, 2009.

1. tomandresen

tomandresen Registered

Hi,

I'm running a WHM/cPanel server (cPanel 11.24.5-R38506 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9) that we've rented, and have got 4 WHM accounts running on it. Recently, something odd has happened with ftp access to the accounts, namely that all attempts to edit/replace files, upload new files, and creade directories, now result in access denied errors in the FTP client, regardless of the ownership and permissions on the involved files and directories (this happens even on a with full 0777 permissions owned by the same user that is logged in over ftp). This happened to all 4 WHM accounts, and happens also to newly created ftp accounts in each WHM account as well.

I'd really like to get write access back.

I would be very grateful for any help, tips or insights.

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Kindly check the exact error message from FTP Logs. If you have an access to the server then you can check the FTP logs through SSH from /var/log/messages. Moreover, make sure that FTP port address is not blocked in your firewall.

#2 thewebhosting, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  3. tomandresen

tomandresen Registered

I managed to find a fix in another thread, running /scripts/fixquotas and /scripts/chownpublichtmls fixed the problem in my case.