The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Monitoring?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fazexx, Oct 13, 2009.

1. fazexx

fazexx Member

I have a dedicated server with cPanel/WHM installed. I am familiar with apps like Nagios and Host Monitor, but Host Monitor is Windows only, and Nagios is a very complex setup, that I'm not even going to get into. So my question is this: Does WHM have anything built in to monitor services like SMTP, POP, Web, and etc and send out email/SMS alerts when the service checks fail? If not, is there another solution I can setup via SSH to accomplish this? PHP script with a SQL backend would even work fine, as long as it's not as complex as Nagios is...

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    There is built-in functionality for service monitoring and e-mail and IM-based notifications; I recommend the following documentation resources for detailed information on setup and configuration of the available features:
    BasicSetup < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki
    ServerContacts < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki
    ServiceMgr < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki

3. Elison

Elison Registered

yes, there is a solution of this problem
    actually, there are a lot of programs that can monitor services, networks, servers and so on.
    In our network we use "10-Strike: Network Monitor". this program can send SMS and emails, run alerts if smth is wrong. it obtains all informaion online :cool: