Service Status page reworked Problems Now

__DoPe_ShOw__

Mar 8, 2003
Louisiana
Hey, I noticed after I upgraded to the newest Release that the Service Status page in WHM doesn't show Apache anymore. It was showing something called Monitor but it disappeared. Now this is all I have:

clamd up
cpsrvd up
exim-26 up
eximstats up
imap up
named (9.2.4) up
pop up
spamd up
Server Load 0.32 (1 cpu)
Memory Used 64.8 %
Swap Used 0.57 %
Disk hda7 (/) DMA+ 32 %
Disk hda1 (/boot) DMA+ 31 %
Disk hda8 (/home) DMA+ 55 %
Disk hda5 (/tmp) DMA+ 5 %
Disk hda2 (/usr) DMA+ 45 %
Disk hda3 (/var) DMA+ 17 %

I would like to have the Apache status back. Is there anyway to make that come back or is it a bug?

BenThomas

Feb 12, 2004
Houston, Texas USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Make sure you're using the latest build for your release, that should take care of the "monitor" issue. Also apache has been renamed httpd. If httpd is not present in the list, then go to the Service Manager and make sure that monitoring is enabled for httpd.

webignition

Jan 22, 2005
Yep, I too noticed that after upgrading to R197 there were a few things missing from the service status page.

Even though these were ticked by default in the reworked service manager, I had to save the service manager settings for relevant bits and pieces to displaty once again on the service status page.

BenThomas

Feb 12, 2004
Houston, Texas USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What OS are you both using?

Also look at /var/log/chkservd.log for entries prior to this weekend (when the new chkservd changes were implemented). Were the missing services being monitored prior to this weekend?

The reason that I ask is that in the previous version of chkservd, the status files (/var/run/chkservd) were not wholly refreshed. So if at one time you monitored a service and then monitoring for the service was disabled, then the state file would exist and never be updated (giving the false impression that the service was being monitored, but in fact was not being updated).

webignition

Jan 22, 2005
I'm on CentOS 3.5 and I only upgraded to C197, and thus the new service manager, today, roughly 4-5 hours ago.

The missing services were being monitored fine before the upgrade (from C157 or thereabouts) .

It doesn't bother me at all, just took me a bit by surprise!

blinddog

Registered
Sep 1, 2004
Sydney, Australia
OK I have the new build (updated from last nite) 10.6.0-RELEASE 201. First monitor appears in the service status with no detail next to it - how do I take it off? Next looking in service manager I see that MySQL is ticked in both boxes (Enabled and Monitor). Now why does MySQL appear in the service status page?

BenThomas

Feb 12, 2004
Houston, Texas USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If MySQL has a check mark in both enable and monitor columns, then it should be showing in the Service Status page. Is this what you meant?

As far as monitor appearing in the Service Status page, the only reason that could be happening is that your your update was incomplete. Can you open a support ticket with us so that I can access your box and take a look at your update logs? If not, then a "/scripts/upcp --force" should take care of that problem, but if you're going to open a ticket then please wait before doing this.

snet

May 16, 2004
UK
I upgraded cPanel to 10.6.0-RELEASE 201 this morning and now the Service Status page inside cPanel (not WHM's one) has a row that says "monitor" and in the field that would normally say up it is blank and the up/down image is broken. It is trying to load an image called "-status.gif" which doesn't exist.

Does anyone know a fix for this? cPanel has been really buggy lately.