The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Services/Email Monitor

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by exquisihost, Mar 10, 2006.

1. exquisihost

exquisihost Registered

Hi,

It's been a while since I've used Cpanel but I recall that in the past, I had Cpanel set to email me when a service went down (let's say Imap)

I have the contact email addresses set in the "Basic Cpanel/WHM Setup", I've enabled the monitoring on the services but I'm not getting any notification if a port goes down.

To test this, I killed inetd and disabled IMAP in /etc/inetd.conf temporarily so IMAP wouldn't restart automatically. No emails were sent to my pager address. Didn't even see an indication in Exim's log showing the mail delivery was even attempted.

Is there something that I'm missing or was this never a feature? I recall it being set somehow but can't remember :) I'm using 10.8.1-R113

Thanks,

Keith

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    make sure its set to monitor in service manger if you havn't used cpanel in a while that was an addition a while back don't remember when that you can choose to monitor & restart or not to monitor