The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

session not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NoAgendas, Aug 31, 2006.

1. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

Two clients complained about php session problems yet not sure how to duplicate as I see php itself functioning fine:

The first problem is PHP start_session is not setting the PHPSESSID and php url arguments are not set in the webserver processing the php pages.

For example: somepage.php?x=1
    <?php echo $x; ?> <-- $x is not set.

From 12-00 GMT data in session, through $ _SESSION [' a '] =123 have ceased to be transferred;

When a user logs in, the site calls "session_start()" and subsequent pages call "!isset($PHPSESSID)". This worked this morning, now it does not work any longer.

Seems to be a problem with PHPSESSID as two people complained about this

examples

http://domain.com/test.php?arg=1 should display "Test = 1" but displays "Test =" because $arg is not being set when the php is being processed.

http://domain.org/template.php?page=announcements should display domain.org/announcements.php inside the header and footer of domain.org, but $page is not set so the template.php does not know which page to load into the template.

I created a test php page with the following code :

<HTML>
    <BODY>
    <?php echo "Test = " . $arg . "<BR>\n"; ?>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

domain.com/test.php?arg=1 produces:

Test =

I recompiled apache via whm with php 5.1.6. They say problem still persists.

My /tmp is 2GB in size also

Using centos 4.3 / cpanel release 10x

I did not see any errors for the domain in apache nor the domain logs

2. NoAgendas

NoAgendas Guest

Anyone know about this? Is this an actual server side issue? Fix would be what?

3. pats

pats Well-Known Member

hmm.. i'm also facing the same issue with php session on one server.

Any idea guys?